10.13.2008

Mackinaw

Dan and I were very adventurous and decided to take the boys to Mackinaw City for a long weekend. We haven't gone on a family vacation since Jason was born, so it was time. We had a gorgeous weekend. We left Thursday night, and stayed untill Sunday.
Friday we spent the day in the city, seeing the sights. We drove across the bridge for lunch, and played at a playground. We also took the boys to an inside water park, Jason was a little scared of the falling water, Ryan has no fear.
Saturday we took a boat over to Mackinac Island. It was foggy when we left, but when we got to the Island it was sunny and clear, it was gorgeous. We spent the day there, walking, playing, tasting fudge, we took it all in. The best part for me was watching the excitement in the boys as they saw, and experienced new things.
On Sunday we went over to Petoskey. It is so beautiful there. We went to the State Park and looked for petoskey stones and Dan actually found some! The colors were just perfect, the views amazing.
We had a wonderful weekend. But, after spending 3 nights, with 3 boys under 3, in one room, I need a vacation=)!!!

the fam

Driving over the Bridge

The boat ride

Ryan running free

So pretty

All 3 boys fell asleep, Dan and I enjoying a walk together

What a Dad!!

Watching the waves

Skipping stones

In Petoskey, Ryan doing his part to look for stones

Just beautiful


morning view from the room

1 comment:

The Palmbos' said...

Dan and Pam, you have a beautiful family ~ wow 3 boys, haven't talked to you in a while!! Sounds like you have been moving around a lot too. I run into Heidi on occasion yet too, but tell her and Lynae I said hello!